Saturday, July 10, 2010

little nervous...

I went in on Wednesday for my routine 31 week check up and ultrasound, and the Dr. did the measurements of the babies and discovered that the boy is in the 14th percentile and the girl is only in the 3rd percentile! so he is sending me to a Maternal Fetal medicine Dr. to do some more in depth monitoring for suspected IUGR, he didn't sound to alarmed, but when I got home and did some more research on IUGR it got me a little more nervous! the Dr. said there is just a good chance that she is just a small girl? My appointment isn't till Tuesday! I really hope everything goes well. I also was checked again that day and found out I am dilated to a 2.5 now! so they sent me over to labor and delivery for a NST and saw that i was having regular contractions!? which was a surprise to me because i didn't feel them! I feel a little tightening but no pain!? so they ended up giving me a shot to stop contractions, which was horrible! i have heard others talk about it before, but had never experienced it myself... i hope I never have to get that again! but it did its job and stopped the contractions. So now we head into a week full of appointments Monday, Labor and Delivery for a NST. Tuesday appt. with MFM Dr. Wednesday, 32 week cervical check and FFN test. and Thursday another NST! here we go! whatever it takes to keep these babies growing and healthy! pray for baby girl that she is just small!

2 comments:

quadmom said...

I will definitely say some prayers for your little girl! I am glad you got the steroid shots for their lungs and are being monitored so closely. I really believe the 2 rounds of steroid shots I got are what helped our babies thrive despite their size and gestational age!

Your belly pics look fantastic!

Praying for another 4+ weeks of uneventful pregnancy!!

Romney Family said...

Praying for you and your cute little ones!! Take care of yourself!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...